is a multi-purpose sports arena in Downtown Los Angeles, California adjacent to the L.A. Live development. It is located next to the Los Angeles Convention Center complex. Staples Center was financed privately at a cost of $375 Million and is named for the Staples office-supply company, one of the center's corporate sponsors that paid for naming rights. 
STAPLES CENTER TICKETS
|Los Angeles Kings vs. Tampa Bay Lightning Tickets 1/16||Jan 16, 2017|
Mon, 1:00 PM
|Los Angeles Clippers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Tickets 1/16||Jan 16, 2017|
Mon, 7:30 PM
|Los Angeles Lakers vs. Denver Nuggets Tickets 1/17||Jan 17, 2017|
Tue, 7:30 PM
|Los Angeles Kings vs. San Jose Sharks Tickets 1/18||Jan 18, 2017|
Wed, 7:30 PM
|Los Angeles Clippers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Tickets 1/19||Jan 19, 2017|
Thu, 7:30 PM
Staples Center opened on October 17 1999
, with a Bruce Springsteen
and the E Street Band concert, 
and became a two-time winner of the Pollstar
-CIC Arena of the Year award soon after. 
It is home to the Los Angeles Lakers
and Los Angeles Clippers
of the NBA
, the Los Angeles Kings
of the NHL
, the Los Angeles Sparks
of the WNBA
, and the Los Angeles Avengers
of the AFL
It is the only arena that is home to five professional sports franchises.
The arena is host to 250 events and nearly 4,000,000 visitors a year.
Since its opening day, Staples Center has hosted the 2000 Democratic National Convention
, the 2002 U.S. Figure Skating Championships
, the 52nd NHL All-Star game
, the 2004 NBA All-Star Game
, the Pac-10 Basketball Finals
since 2002, the WTA Tour Championships
from 2002 to 2005, the first Latin Grammy Awards
in 2000, the annual Grammy Award
s since 2000 with the exception of 2003, the Summer X Games
indoor competitions since 2003, the UFC 60
pay per view event, as well as numerous Concert
s and HBO Championship Boxing
In addition to hosting the attendance record setting WrestleMania 21
in 2005, Staples Center has also hosted Unforgiven 2002
, Judgment Day 2004
, and No Way Out 2007
as well as other World Wrestling Entertainment
Staples Center seats up to 20,000 for concert
s, 18,997 for basketball
, and 18,118 for hockey
and arena football
Two-thirds of the arena's seating, including 2,500 club seats, are in the lower bowl. There are also 160 luxury suites, including 15 event suites, on three levels between the lower and upper bowls.
The arena's attendance record is held by WWE WrestleMania 21
with a crowd of 20,193 set on April 3
Although Staples Center is already a Los Angeles landmark, it is only a part of a much larger development by Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) adjoining Staples Center and the Los Angeles Convention Center
. The development, known as L.A. Live
, broke ground on September 15
. L.A. Live is designed to offer entertainment, retail and residential programming in the downtown Los Angeles area.  
- Outside the arena are statues of Wayne Gretzky and Magic Johnson, although both sports legends played at the Great Western Forum, where the Kings, Lakers and Sparks previously played. (The Los Angeles Clippers previously played at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.)
- Staples Center measures of total space, with a by arena floor. It stands tall.
- Load-in at the arena is accommodated through a floor-level dockway. There is a marshaling area for event production, as well as a dock area designed to accommodate up to six television production vehicles.
- Staples Center features an eight-sided, center-court/Ice scoreboard featuring four by Mitsubishi DiamondVision video screens and four by messageboards. In addition, the arena contains two complete television control rooms and 34 fixed camera positions.
- of structural steel and of concrete were used to build Staples Center at a cost of $375 million.
- Staples Center was named New Major Concert Venue (2000) and Arena of the Year (2000 and 2001) by Pollstar Magazine and has been nominated each year since its 1999 opening.
- In January of 2001, the crew of the television show Frasier
redressed the arena to appear to be KeyArena in Seattle. This was for an episode of the series supposedly set at a Seattle SuperSonics game.
- In 2005, the lower bowl purple seats were reupholstered to black seats.
- L.A. Live
- Los Angeles Convention Center
- L.A. Facilities
- STAPLES Center - Hoopedia
- AEG Staples Center
- About Staples Center
- WrestleMania 21 Highest Grossing WWE Event Ever at STAPLES Center
- AEG L.A. Live
- L.A. Live timeline